Configurable Product Type
Configurable products allows you to manage multiple options of a product. This is often
important with items like clothing where a single product has an array of individual SKUs
(Stock Keeping Units) assigned to each size and color option. BrilliantRetail allows you
to create multi-dimensional arrays with individual skus, quantities, and price adjustments.
Creating a New Configurable Product
When creating a new configurable product you will be presented with a dropdown containing
all of the dropdown attributes in your system. If you need a new attribute it must be
pre-configured in the settings > attributes section.
- Select all of the attributes you need. A shirt for example may have a size and a color attribute.
- You can drag the selected attributes into the desired order. For example if you want the
customer to select size then color on the front end then make sure they are ordered that way
when you create the form.
- Create the configurable product form
- Create each attribute variant (i.e. size / color combination)
- SKU (required) - Set a SKU per variant
- Qty (required) - Set a quantity per variant
- Adjust (optional) - Set a price adjustment per variant. You could for example add 2.00 for an XXL shirt.
This will automatically add $2.00 when adding the selection to the cart. You can also set price reductions
with a negative number. For example -2.00 will reduce the price by $2.00 when added to the cart.
- Sort - The options will be built displayed on the front end in the same order they are presented in the
- Delete - Remove the variant.