Categories are managed in the Store > Settings > Categories section of
the control panel and allow you to display your products on the site. They are also
used to automatically build you sites primary navigation. Products can be assigned to
multiple categories. Currently BrilliantRetail supports a category tree up to four levels deep.
Creating a New Category
- Select Store > Settings > Categories from the primary navigation.
- Click the New Category button at the top of the category level.
- Add a category title in the box that appears and click the save link.
- Drag and drop the category with the handle on the far right of the box containing the title
Editing a Category
- Click the pencil edit icon on the right of the category box.
- Edit Fields:
- Title (required) - The category title.
- URL Title - The url_title used to select the category.
- Enabled - Only enabled categories are displayed on the front end.
- Details - Category description.
- Image - Attach an image to the category.
- Template Path - You can create a custom landing template for the category.
- Meta Data
- Title - SEO Title
- Description - SEO Description
- Keywords - SEO Keywords
- Product Sorting
- Drag and drop the products into the order they should be displayed in the catalog when sorting by relevance.
- Save your changes.